Northern Ohio Monuments , OH
Stone engraving machines for sale.
The practical solution
Impact Etching is a revolutionary yet simple stone engraving technology purpose-built for Monument Companies. It is the most practical solution for engraving portraits and scenes on granite.
Our machines are successfully used for headstone etching, pet memorials, memorial plaques and all other applications involving engraving on polished stone (granite, basalt, marble), or glass.
Looking for the stone engraving machine ?
If so, you probably came across offerings of laser etchers, so let us clarify one thing first: our machines are not lasers. Which, we believe, is GREAT! Because laser machines have a number of limitations that make them tricky to use in the monument trade.
Unlike lasers, our machines hit the stone physically, with sharpened diamond tip.
Simplicity is a major requirement for design of our etchers.
Our equipment and software require minimal training, so that you can start realizing return on your investment right away!
And, with our inexpensive Image Editing Service, you do not need to worry about preparing your image for etching. You can start creating etchings and paying off your investment from the day one !
- Support and Warranty
Get all your questions answered and issues attended to on the day you contact us !
Machine support is provided by re-sellers located in North America / Canada.
Our machines are covered by 2-year warranty.
- Independence and Peace of Mind
Create your etchings in-house, without relying on subcontractors.
Our machines are ideal for smaller monument shops !
- Etching Quality
Unlike laser that evaporates a thin upper layer of the stone, our Impact Etchers hits the stone with a diamond-tipped needle, penetrating the surface much deeper. This results in bright, sparkling images created on stone. Impact etching is as close as its gets to manual etching done by the artist, with no associated labor costs.
Our machines are being offered in US and Canada since 2009.
During those 7 years, we installed our etchers at hundreds of monument shops.
All those machines are still in use today.
Most customers report “paying off” their equipment in 6 to 12 month.
Check the “Testimonies” section of this web page for more details.
Our machines are inexpensive considering their incredible reliability, 2-year warranty, and quality of etching. We put the power of Diamond Etching into the hands of smaller shops, so that they can reach positive Return on Investment in the matter of months. Please see “Profitability Analysis” section of this web page for more details.
- Etching on Colored Stone
Laser is very sensitive to the quality of the stone. For laser-etched pictures to look well, you need expensive, perfectly black marble or granite.
Our Diamond Etching machines, on the contrary, produce etchings that look great even on the colored stone.
- Stone Size
Our compact model, DiamondEdge-Sprinter™, is placed on top of the stone, so it can etch stones of any size. Sprinter model can also be positioned vertically.
Interested in taking your monument business to the next level?
Our Engraving machines are available for sale in Canada, US, UK, South Africa and Indonesia.
More than 500 happy customers and counting!
- Paid the machine off in one year… Quality of etchings is where this machine excels… Easy-to-use! Click here to see the video of this testimonialJ.J. Foos
Northern Ohio Monuments , OH
- Our Granite™ stone etching machine has paid for itself in 6 months… Still shocked at what it can do .. I don’t see how anybody can make it any easier to use… Cant see how anybody can go wrong with it… Click here to see the video of this testimonialForrest Homier
Homier's Monumental, Defiance, OH
- "Where have you been?" - That was the question we asked to Economical Solutions when they demonstrated Granite-CP diamond etcher to us.
Fabhaven is a high-volume monument shop, producing hundreds of monuments and urns per month.
We owned high-end laser machine for years, and it seemed to work fine, until we saw Granite Impact Etching machines.
The quality and brightness of etchings created by Granite CP machines is way better than laser, and this verdict does not come from us, but from our customers. They like portraits made with the diamond etcher more than the etchings created with laser.
And, Granite CP machines are so easy to use! We unpacked the machine, quickly went through the manual, and were up and running in half a day.
By the time our vendor arrived the next day to train us, we had already created many high quality etchings, just after reading the manual, so the training didn’t take too long to complete.
With our new Granite CP machine, you place it on top of any monument, position the home base, begin the image and off you go! No need to warm up the laser tube, nor do multiple tests with different DPIs and ..... simply put, it just works!
Now we do all of our portraits, landscape and overall etchings with our new Granite CP machine, and keep our laser to only high-volume, low-complexity jobs.Fabhaven
- We have purchased the Granite-CP after we saw it in action at Derusha Supply. By that time, we already had an expensive laser machine that was used in our day to day operations of etching granite monuments. While laser machine would ultimately do the job, we were attracted to Granite-CP because of its simple set-up and configuration... As far as the quality of etchings produced, we believe that Granite-CP diamond-made "impact etchings" are superior in appearance to laser etchings, they are brighter and deeper. It has been 4 months since we purchased the Granite-CP machine, and it has been working great, with outstanding on-site support provided by Derusha.Granit J.McCutcheon
- The impact machine has been a critical addition to our family owned business, where like so many others we each wear various "hats" and just work together to make things click.
I have personally produced diamond hand etchings since 1990 in various shops in Northwest Ohio. Since '99 we have been in retail and all the etchings we sell and produce have been executed by myself. Each year it has become more difficult to keep up with the etching workload, and my drive to etch has become less. In all sincerity the impact machine could not have arrived at a better time. The stress and strain of keeping up with the etchings is almost completely gone. The most difficult and time consuming work of etching portraits and high detail vehicles has been all but erased from my responsibility. We are fortunate to have a most able employee who works on his own and through the preparation services provided by Economical Solutions.
In the end, "Buzz" as we call our machine, has relieved me countless hours of prep and hand etching, so ultimately I have more time dedicated to design, sales and assisting in the sandblast shop.
The only reason I would even consider this machine is that it works in a way I'm familiar with and trust; a diamond point striking the surface and "naturally" creating the white etching. We are not comfortable with the various other processes for their lack of permeacy. White litho is not a part of any of our process, design or lettering, and never will be.Mark Homier
Homier’s Monumental, Defiance, Ohio
- Dodds Memorials purchased the compact (CP model) of the Granite Impact Etching Machine with the intention of using it for portraits.We have been well satisfied with the quality of the finished product. You would definitely need to buy the larger model if you want to doscenes. The tech support has been very helpful and professional and we would recommend using this machine to anyone who wants to getstarted doing their own portrait etchings.Dodds Memorials